- Département: 06 Alpes-Maritimes
- Commune: SAINT MARTIN VESUBIE
- Carte IGN: 3741 OT
- Coordonnées géographiques:
- GPS (UTM WGS84): 32T 368431 4883823
- Coordonnées GPS décimales: 44.095773 N / 7.356322 E
- Access: Parking was at the shrine of our Lady of fenestrated - available in RandoBus: see the tab 'Info tourism' car parks winter on the road to the Sanctuary (cut)
- GPS (UTM WGS84): 32T 368376 4883783
- Coordonnées GPS décimales: 44.095401 N - 7.355645 E
Par la route
Of Martin, after the Central central square of the village, take the road that goes right in the direction of the Madone de Fenestre and follow it to the end
Transports en commun
Accessible by hiking Bus summer: www.lignedazur.com
From the parking lot, head towards the sanctuary. The mountain hut overlooks it on the left.
From the hut, go down to the square of the sanctuary and reach the road.
- GPS (UTM WGS84): 32T 361428 4882347
- Coordonnées GPS décimales: 44.081200 N - 7.269260 E
Par la route
From Saint-Martin-Vésubie, just after the village square, take the road on the right in the direction of la Madone de Fenestre. After the last few houses, continue for 700m to a stele and its small car park. Depending on the snow conditions, especially in spring, the road may be cut further. Continue until the road turns off.
Depending on the snow conditions, especially in spring, the road may be cut higher than the stele. So you can more or less shorten your hike. Description: Go up the road of la Madone to reach the plateau of Devensé. At the level of the lower bridge of Devensé (beacon.350), leave the road to take left the old trail of Madone which crosses the big avalanche corridor of the Pounche, and joins a recongnisable hairpin bend of the road. WARNING: in case of heavy snowfall, do not cross this corridor, instead use the road entirely. At beacon 355, turn left on the old road and climb diagonally into the wooded area overlooking the valley of Fenestre to reach the sanctuary plateau after crossing a narrow avalanche slope (beacon. 356). The mountain hut of la Madone de Fenestre is located upstream of the esplanade.
Depending on the snow conditions, especially in spring, the road may be cut higher than the stele. So you can more or less shorten your hike. Description : Go down the valley taking first the old way of la Madone, then the main road. WARNING: in case of heavy snowfall, use the road entirely.